April 15, 2012
4th Annual Trek Red Truck Santa Rosa Training Camp
by Cody Canning
video (3:12) »
Woo wee! So we just wrapped up possibly the largest block of big bike miles my legs have ever witnessed, and I couldnít be more
stoked for the upcoming season. Our management has assembled an incredibly rad group of athletes, sponsors and supporters once again.
The program just gets better every year. Throughout the week, everyone got to know what made each other tick. Weather that was
watching Dustin Andrews decimate an incredibly deep and talented ping pong field in the Janky Cup, or watching Chris White get his
shiny white Sidis stuck in the mud along the Grasshopper route during King's Ridge. Throughout camp everyone came together to become
both friends and teammates, which should come in handy once the chaotic bike tournaments begin.
Iíll give you a brief peak into my perspective of our week.
- We biked, in the sun. Fast. Bailey McKnight looks funny with a Go-PRO strapped to his head. The team house is ridiculously
nice and we eat very, very well.
- More fast biking. The team this year has some serious horsepower, no jokes. Ping Pong training began. Adam De Vosí hot
balm is completely ridiculous.
- More and faster biking. KOMís and town sign sprints are out of control. Sound system running hundo pee with electro bangers.
Really pumped to see the entire gang again.
- Biked over some mountains for some wine and duck. Matt Barthís motivational speaking comes from a universe beyond man's
understanding. AKA highly effective. Legs still work.
- Legs no longer work. Sven is an absolute legend. Unnamed rider "refuses to pedal" after a serious bonk 100km from home. Powerbars do increase power. Sometimes the best rides are the ones that suck the most.
- Legs feel like overcooked asparagus. More hard, long, climbing intensive biking. Pool parties, Fro Yo and Jelly Beans.
Thrown into a pool with clothes on, loud music and fine wine.
- Delicious team dinners. Coffee ride turns rogue with both masters and young guns turning some big chainrings at a high rate
of speed and aggression. Everyone has an afternoon coma.